Veterinary Continuing Education Opportunity
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service is hositing a veterinary continuing Education meeting in College Station on Sunday, August 5, 2018 from 8:00AM - 5:00PM. Nine (9) hourse of continuing education credits available. For more information Click Here.
Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program (VMLRP)
As part of the USDAs National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program (VMLRP), individuals may submit nominations to the TAHC for areas they believe have a shortage of veterinarians that work in food animal medicine, rural private practice, or public practice. Areas selected as having a qualified veterinary shortage may benefit from the VMLRP by having a practicing veterinarian locate to the area or remain in the area in exchange for the opportunity to have up to $25,000 per year of student loan debt repaid for up to three years of service.
To download the Veterinarian Shortage Situation Nomination Form Click Here.
TAHC will accept nominations until 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- For more information about the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP) or to access the required online Continuing Education Modules visit the USDA-APHIS website.
- For questions, please contact the USDA Accreditation Coordinator in Austin at 512-383-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summary of TBVME approved CE credit hours for USDA Accreditation Modules
- January 28, 2019: 30-Day Equine CVI Validity Reminder
- Texas Veterinary Magazine: April 2018 125 Years of Animal Health Leadership and Proper Use of Animal Disease Traceability Program Identification
- Texas Veterinary Magazine: February 2018 Texas Equine Piroplasmosis Update and Clearing the Air about ICVIs View Previous Articles
Health Certificates/Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
- Procedures for Issuing a Texas Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
- Ordering Information (electronic or paper)
- Texas Requirements for Entry of Livestock (Domestic and Exotic), Poultry and Ratites into the State and into Shows, Fairs, Exhibitions, and Assemblies
- Interstate Requirements
TAHC Official Test Documents
- Official Bovine Trichomoniasis Testing at TVMDL
- Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Tritrichomonas foetus Direct PCR Submission Guidelines
- Instructions for Completing the Texas Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Trichomoniasis Virgin Status Certification
- Trich Consult - A website designed to aid veterinarians and producers in creating Trich control, prevention and eradication strategies.