Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Health officials across the U.S. and all over the world are working hard to combat COVID-19. Veterinary professionals are receiving questions from their clients and their teams, and the TAHC is pleased to be able to share and provide credible information and resources to assist with responses to those questions. Please find our veterinary resources and guidance on the TAHC COVID-19 webpage.
- For more information about the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP) or to access the required online Continuing Education Modules visit the USDA-APHIS website.
- For questions, please contact the USDA Accreditation Coordinator in Austin at 512-383-2400 or email@example.com.
- Summary of TBVME approved CE credit hours for USDA Accreditation Modules
Health Certificates/Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
- Procedures for Issuing a Texas Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
- Ordering Information (electronic or paper)
- Texas Requirements for Entry of Livestock (Domestic and Exotic), Poultry and Ratites into the State and into Shows, Fairs, Exhibitions, and Assemblies
- Interstate Requirements
Animal Disease Traceability
Animal disease traceability (ADT) or knowing where diseased and at-risk animals are, where they've been, and when is important to ensuring a rapid response when animal disease events take place. Official identification and movement documentation is an essential part of tracing livestock when disease is found.
For years, veterinarians practicing regulatory work have used metal NUES tags and metal brucellosis calfhood vaccination tags. As the cattle industry progresses so does the technology used in routine operations.
Learn more about utilizing electronic identification in a veterinary practice below.
TAHC Official Test Documents
Piro Test Chart(s) & Information
- Instructions for Completing Piro Test Chart
- Piro Test Chart — Manual Completion (Downloadable form)
- Piro Test Chart — Digital Photo Import (Downloadable form; must be completed using free Adobe Reader software)
Cattle Trichomoniasis Forms & Information
- Official Bovine Trichomoniasis Testing at TVMDL
- Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Instructions for Completing the Texas Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Tritrichomonas foetus Direct PCR Submission Guidelines
- Breeder's Certificate of Virgin Status
- Trich Consult - A website designed to aid veterinarians and producers in creating Trich control, prevention and eradication strategies.
Swine Test Documents
- Resources for USDA Program Diseases
- Veterinarian Quick Guide to African Swine Fever
- Vesicular Diseases Reference Chart
- Foreign Animal Diseases of Interest to Accredited Veterinarians
- National Veterinary Accreditation Reference Guide
- Equine Disease Communication Center
- Reportable Diseases
- Haemaphysalis Longicornis Tick ID and Information