Statutes & Rules
Texas Animal Health Commission Rules
The rules proposed and adopted by the Commission are legal requirements promulgated by the Commission to carry out the agency's mission to protect animal health in Texas. The rules of the Commission are found in Title 4, Part 2 of the Texas Administrative Code and divided into 26 chapters.
Link to Rules:
- Texas Secretary of State Website
- Printable & Searchable Rules Document
- TAHC Procedural Rules for Protests and Appeals
Texas Agriculture Code (Statutes)
The Commission's statutory authority is found in the Texas Agriculture Code, Title 6, Subtitle C, Chapters 161 through 168.
Link to Statutes:
Orders of the Commission
- December 2019: Executive Director Order Declaring a Chronic Wasting Disease High Risk Area Containment Zone for Portions of Val Verde County
- January 2015: Temporary waiver of Requirements to Test Thoroughbred Horses for Piroplasmosis Prior to Entering a Sanctioned Racetrack
- December 2003: Resolution on Implementation of Herd Surveillance for Tuberculosis
- July 2003: Resolution Regarding Tuberculosis Test Requirements For Cattle Imported From Mexico