Request a TAHC Speaker
Would you like to schedule a Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) representative to speak at your next organization meeting, conference/convention, seminar, social gathering or class?
The TAHC was founded in 1893 with a mission to address the Texas fever tick problem. Today, the TAHC works to protect the health of all Texas livestock, including: cattle, swine, poultry, sheep, goats, equine, and exotic livestock. Ultimately, the TAHC mission and role is the assurance of marketability and mobility of Texas livestock. TAHC works to sustain and continue to make a vital contribution to a wholesome and abundant supply of meat, eggs, and dairy products at affordable costs.
Some key TAHC topics:
- Agency History/Information/Overview (Who we are, what we do)
- Animal Health Programs (Program Specific-Ex: Trichomoniasis, Piroplasmosis, Feral Swine Regulations, Fever Tick, Animal Disease Traceability, Poultry Health, etc.)
- Utilizing and Growing Social Media in Government
- Animals in Disaster Issues – Foreign Animal Disease, Hurricanes, Fires, Floods, etc.
- Continuing Education Veterinary Topics
To request a speaker for your next event, contact the Communications Department at 512-719-0750 or fill out and submit the form below.
We look forward to presenting at your next organization function.