Our mission is:
- to protect the animal industry from, and/or mitigate the effects of domestic, foreign and emerging diseases;
- to increase the marketability of Texas livestock commodities at the state, national and international level;
- to promote and ensure animal health and productivity;
- to protect human health from animal diseases and conditions that are transmissible to people; and,
- to prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals by conducting agency business in a responsive, cooperative and transparent manner.
In the News
- Weather Alert: Heavy Rain for Texas - Are you and your animals prepared?
- 10/25 2018-19 Scrapie Tag Requirements for Stock Show Exhibitors
- 10/25 TAHC is Now Accepting Nominations for the Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program (VMLRP) for Areas with a Shortage of Veterinary Practitioners
- 8/24 Trichomoniasis Entry Requirement Rules Adopted
- 7/31 Cattle Spray Boxes – A Valuable Tool In Fever Tick Eradication
- 7/12 Governor Abbott Appoints Six to Texas Animal Health Commission
- 6/28 Texas Animal Health Commission Completes Final Region Merge and Rename