Our mission is:
- to protect the animal industry from, and/or mitigate the effects of domestic, foreign and emerging diseases;
- to increase the marketability of Texas livestock commodities at the state, national and international level;
- to promote and ensure animal health and productivity;
- to protect human health from animal diseases and conditions that are transmissible to people; and,
- to prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals by conducting agency business in a responsive, cooperative and transparent manner.
Animal Movement Reminder:
- Moving livestock or poultry to Texas? Click here for Texas entry requirements or call 512.719.0777.
- Sending livestock to another state? States and other countries can restrict movement of, or impose additional requirements for animals entering their state or country. It is important for shippers or haulers of livestock to contact states of destination well in advance of scheduled movements to determine their entry requirements. For state animal health contact information: Click here.
In the News
- 2019 TX Anthrax:Click here for all the info.
- 2019 TX Vesicular Stomatitis:Click here for all the info.
- 7/9 Texas Anthrax Situational Update
- 6/24 Vesicular Stomatitis Detected in Horses on Kinney County Premises
- 6/21 Anthrax Confirmed on Uvalde County Premises
- 6/7 TAHC Removes Brucellosis Testing Requirements for Exotic Cervids and Proposes Change to Cattle and Equine Rules