Statutes & Rules
Texas Agriculture Code (Statutes)
The statutory authority under which the commission operates is found in the Texas Agriculture Code, Chapters 161 through 168.
- Chapter 161 — General Disease And Pest Control
- Chapter 162 — Tuberculosis Control
- Chapter 163 — Brucellosis Control
- Chapter 164 — Scabies Control
- Chapter 165 — Control Of Diseases In Swine
- Chapter 167 — Tick Eradication
- Chapter 168 — Pullorum Disease And Fowl Typhoid Control
View an index of the statute chapters on the Texas Legislative Council website. Scroll down to Title 6, Subtitle C. Control of Animal Diseases and Pests for TAHC statutes.
Texas Administrative Code (Rules)
The rules proposed and adopted by the Commission are legal requirements promulgated by the Commission to carry out their mission to protect animal health in Texas. The rules of the Commission are found in Title 4, Texas Administrative Code, Chapters 31 through 60.
Orders of the Commission
- January 2015: Temporary waiver of Requirements to Test Thoroughbred Horses for Piroplasmosis Prior to Entering a Sanctioned Racetrack
- December 2003: Resolution on Implementation of Herd Surveillance for Tuberculosis
- July 2003: Resolution Regarding Tuberculosis Test Requirements For Cattle Imported From Mexico